Saturday, October 11, 2008

It's Been a While...

It's obviously been a while since I've written. Nothing really interesting has gone on, so why bore the cyber world with my woes?


Oh, but I did recently get a new kitty!!! His name is Charlie Sheen and he's SO cute! I don't have a lot of pictures but here's one I actually got him to sit still for --


Anyhow, I'm super excited for November to get here... but also wishing October would slow the hell down!!!

NaNoWriMo starts November first and this will be my first year trying it out. I have a story I've been waiting to work on since the summer, and I'm psyched! Now, if I can just finish Isaac's Eyes by Halloween like I'd planned, so that I can concentrate on my newest story....

For those of you who don't know what NaNo is, here's the website: http://www.nanowrimo.org/. In a nutshell, a bunch of wacko writers try to find time in their busy lives to write 50,000 words or more on one novel between November 1st and November 30th. The catch is that you can't have worked on it prior to November 1, so you have to start fresh. It sounds tough but some recent changes in my life have given me lots more free time than I had before. I think I can handle it!!

On other notes, the holidays are fast approaching, which freaks me out. I just made plans for Thanksgiving dinner, which I love to cook for my family, and a Halloween party for adults, which will be far different than the usual kiddy party we throw. I don't even want to THINK about Christmas yet....

That's it for now. Just checking in and all that. I'm going to write more about NaNo as it approaches and through November, and if I happen to learn anything along the way, I'll be sure to share that wisdom with you too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment