Sunday, October 26, 2008

Anniversary, Strangers, and ... 7 Days Til NaNo!!

If there’s one night of the year you want your ass to look good and your new bra to fit properly… it’s your anniversary, right? The one night of the year I REALLY want my hair to not be frizzy, and my clothes to not be just a hair too tight.

Yesterday was my 3rd wedding anniversary. And none of the above things actually happened. My new jeans were frumpy, I wore an old bra and an old barely flattering top, and my frizzy hair was in a ponytail. Exciting, right?

Let me tell you, it was a plain Jane night, but we had a good time. We ate at Outback Steakhouse then went to Walmart and bought cookie dough, sweatpants, and popcorn (I'm still wearing my super-comfy sweats!). Went home, cuddled up with all the afore-mentioned items, and watched The Strangers....

Which.

SUCKED.

Everyone said it was SOOOOO good, including Stephen King. As a fellow writer, I adore Mr. King. But, he lied to me. And now the circle of trust is broken. I may never love again :-(
It wasn't scary, or suspenseful, or anything. And I'm getting SO freakin' tired of Liv Tyler (who I have no problem w/ in general) talking in an airy damsel-in-distress voice. She did it in The Incredible Hulk (which I loved) too.

Now that my movie review is over.... 7 days till NaNo!!!!

I'm up to 77K on IE, and there are 6 writing days until the end of the month. Then, at midnight on Nov. 1, I'm starting my vaampyr novel... Yay!!!

I'll check in later with some NaNo tidbits I've been learning. For now, I'm out ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment