Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!!!....

Oh yeah, and ONE DAY TIL NANO!!

So, in my previous posts, I told you how psyched I was for November 1st. Let me change my mood for you here:

I'm FREAKING OUT!!

I had gotten my major ideas down a couple of weeks ago, then figured I'd just wing it from there. Overplanning can be bad, right?

Then yesterday, my writing buddy (Hi, A.T.!!!!) asked me some questions and I couldn't answer them. And I realized -- I know the main points, but not the order of the main points, the description of my MCs beyond a few things like hair color, the names of the other characters, the time it's set in... anything!

So, the two days before NaNo are officially freak-out days for me. Ahhh!!!! I'm sitting here with construction paper, highlighters, and index cards, trying to get it all written down and tacked into order for when I start writing at midnight tonight. All while talking to A.T. on IM and getting asked MORE questions!!

Speaking of writing at midnight... Lillie is here again, which means I woke up at 5:30am. Which means I don't know if I can make it to midnight and still be awake to write. But I made Hubby promise to take care of the baby so I can write at least 2K words tomorrow morning before he leaves me for his wrestling gig. I'll settle for 1,667, but I REALLY am going to aim for 2K every day.

We'll see how it goes.

In other news, today's Halloween, obviously. IE is NOT done yet -- I'm sitting just under 80K, though, so I'm happy for now. It WILL be done by 12/31!!!! We bought Lillie a pumpkin costume and a couple little "Baby's 1st Halloween" outfits. SO CUTE!!! So, after I freak out some more about NaNo, I'm going to play dress-up and take my mind off of it for a while.

Next time you hear from me, I'll have begun the challenge. I'll keep you updated, and I promise to share those tidbits of writing lessons I learned recently, for those of you interested. And, eventually I'll even share some spoilers from IE and maybe even my NaNo novel, that is yet untitled.

Later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment