Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Six Days into August and I'm Stressed Already

The title says it all.

I have this nifty Excel spreadsheet where I input the # of words I write and all the revisions I make, etc. every day. Last month, I hit record numbers on everything. This month? My poor little spreadsheet is bare.

Today I've managed to get 1,246 words written though. It's better than nothing, but I have to do more than that to get back on track to meet my goal of 15K words this month.

My non-writer friends don't understand this compulsion to meet a writing goal -- so I'm extremely grateful for my writer/author friends (because who knows what you're supposed to call them?) who completely understand me!

On the non-writing front, I'm going down to part-time at work when school starts so I can get my senior year finished and graduate next summer!! I'm really anxious about affording to, you know, LIVE this semester while I'm working less, but I'm just happy people are supportive and willing to help out. I'm so scared of the workload this semester, and I hope my writing doesn't suffer because of it! (OK, I know I said this was the non-writing front, but it's a big part of who I am so pretty much everything just ties back into it.)

Oh, and Hubby's out of town for the week, so I'm living it up, Single Style. It's pretty nice -- I could get used to this! Shhh, don't tell him though *wink wink*

Maybe I'd have a higher word count if I stopped playing on blogspot and actually started typing.... I'm off to give that new thought a try for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment