Saturday, August 15, 2009

Disenchantment

The high of ripping through several d2 chapters of IE is wearing off. Slowly but surely. A huge part of that is posting chapter 1 for fellow writers/readers to critique. Apparently, so far the vote is unanimous that some of the changes I made between d1 and d2 are not welcome.

Ollie is too lecture-y.
Sophia is too whiny.
Trent is too cold.
The conversations aren't age-appropriate.
There's too much dialogue.
The characters don't have original voices.
The new POV/tense is jarring.

Sigh.

I really shouldn't have posted that for crits yet, I don't think.

But I won't give up. I just might slow down a bit, even though I'm going to try not to.

Someone remind me again why I chose this hobby/future profession? It's mind-boggling!!

No comments:

Post a Comment